When going to the gym to workout, most people go right ahead and hit the weights. Lots of people lift way to heavy, start screaming in the gym, then wonder why they tore a muscle and can’t walk the next day. My solution to you is.. Do what everyone else tells you to do, WARM UP. Best way to warm up is to take a ride on that old bicycle first for 2 mins, do some dynamic stretches, get back on that bike for another 5 mins THEN go over to the weights.
Adding 15-20 minutes of loosening up to your workout can only benefit you:
- Easier on your joints, especially if you have anything like arthritis (like myself).
- Your quadriceps become visibly stronger FAST.
- Much less time to set up compared to the other cardio machines you see at the gym.
- Exercise bicycles are much quieter if you’re at home.
- Gives you the ability to add resistance for a more challenging workout.
The list of benefits truly does go on forever (not to mention its the easiest cardio activity out there). Next time you walk into the gym, just remember it’s not all about screaming and yelling, trying to lift that last rep. Take the time to warm up and even cool down with some stretches and time on the bike. Do it right the first time and use the bike, don’t screw yourself up for that bodybuilding career you always dreamed about.